Friday, November 30, 2007

is it really the last day of November?


how are everyone's Christmas gifts coming along? This needs some ironing - it's been laying around while I made an intertwined border for it. The center pinwheel section only comprises a 2' square, so I'm adding some 6" borders of the dark green, then the border I made, and then who knows what else? I don't plan to make a full-size quilt, just a lap quilt, something cozy to throw over the back of a sofa and have around for naps.

It doesn't feel much like Christmas to me, which is making me rather sad. I suppose it's because I've been so busy with classes and being sick that I haven't really had time to think about anything else, much less get in a "mood" of any kind (other than tired or stressed!). But there's a light at the end of that tunnel and it's getting closer. I'm nearly halfway through both of my final papers, about to start diving into textual analysis, which is my favorite part because it's the easiest, it doesn't require digging through multiple texts for evidentiary support, and it's something I'm good at. So! I'm off to do some of those final bits of research and then I'd like to get through all of the textual analysis for one of the papers today.

Monday is my birthday and I have this goofy desire to hunt down a tiny tiara and war it all day. I teach on Mondays, and for some reason, I can't seem to resist making a fool of myself in front of my students.

No comments: