Wednesday, January 23, 2008

homesick

E and I hit the town on Friday night to find a painting of Beckett in Ballard. We didn't find it, but we found this one (or three) of Joyce, which was pretty cool. AND, as we walked in, we were charged a $5 cover. For what? One of my favorite bands, Anna Coogan and North 19, was playing. They were gracious enough to oblige my request for "Cold June" and it was a pretty darned fine night.

Hm. What else? We hit up World Merchants and I snagged some deliciousness: Northwest Teatime (my favorite lapsang blend of all time) and Sweet Chai teas, urfa biber (a smokey-sweet chili from Turkey), sumac, smoked paprika, and the best tumeric in the world. Seriously. I miss Seattle so very much.

When I got home, I discovered that the Yucatan soup with lime and crab that I wanted to make required smoked paprika (handy!), and today I used the northwest teatime and sweet chai teas to make a smokey-sweet pot of yumminess. I can't be there right now, but I take comfort in these familiar happy bags and flavours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I hope you're feeling better. Lately, I've been homesick for SB. Reading Edhat online every morning helps a bit.