Thursday, February 21, 2008

this looks unappetizing ...

but trust me. It tastes great. What on earth am I doing, you might ask? I'm making cake balls!

you've never heard of cake balls? You need to spend some time with Bakerella!

No, I'm not attempting the lolly version. However, I am experimenting with flavours. Per the birthday girl's request, you see before you a mash-up of milk caramel (purchased at Sur La Table to shave some optimal hours off this stressed li'l baker's project) and a homemade vanilla cake, including the seeds of one of my Mexican vanilla beans.

My taste tester - who became rather pushy about continuing to help himself - assures me that the combination is quite good. Tomorrow I'll have a final version to show you, once I've dipped them in candy melts and given the tops a little joie de vivre, courtesy of the giant round sprinkles I found, in the "Monet" palette.

Forgot to get pics of the art when we went to Knight from Olmedo tonight. Hopefully I'll have some soon and you can see why I haven't posted in forever - the four-by-five-FOOT canvas sucked up all of my time for the first five weeks of the quarter. Now, if only they'd stop selling concessions in front of it. It would be nice if it were, you know, VISIBLE. hmph.

No comments: