Friday, July 20, 2012

inspired: Nallik

I love Nallik's amazonite/quartz necklace (at left); I added it to a pinterest board months ago.Of course, at $169, it's way out of my price range. I recently finished (and mailed to a girlfriend) a simple amythest necklace inspired by Nallik's stone necklace, though I'd still like to go hunt up a pair of crystals, match them to each other, and achieve the colour-blocking effect of Nallik's original.

The top of the necklace is just a brass plate, shaped to fit the amythest crystal and adhered with an epoxy made by gorilla glue. A brass chain (Nallik's is gold-plated) and simple clasp finish off the look. I used a 24" long chain for mine.

Simple, but so pretty! I need to make more of these for my girlfriends. =)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this necklace - would you be able to make me one and for how much? Thanks. Colette

Unknown said...

I love this necklace - would you be able to make me one and for how much? Thanks. Colette

whatkatydid said...

What kind of tool did you use to shape the brass around the crystal?

fleur_delicious said...

Pliers and a lot of hand strength! =)