Friday, August 8, 2008

what not to do when sick

frivolous, spur-of-the-moment projects sure are a lot of fun. I also find they recharge my creativity and my enthusiasm in general. Be that as it may, carving turf up from around a tree on an 80+ day with high humidity when one is a bit under the weather (stomach flu or heatstroke? We are now leaning toward the latter!) was not necessarily one of my brightest moments. However, I soldiered through, and now an ailing patch of grass has been replaced by burgundy stonecrop, lavender, burgundy barberry, russian sage, red coreopsis, and red mums.

I still need a few shade-friendly plants for the shadowy side of the tree, and definitely more soil/mulch, but we'll get there. I also bought paint for the bathroom (finally!) and expect that to be the major time-suck for the next week or so.

Meanwhile, she just sits around looking gorgeous. Every day is a photo op around here - I mean, really, you'd think I bought the sheets just because they matched her eyes or something.

No comments: