Monday, February 10, 2014

project 52:20


(ink and acrylic wash on watercolor paper)

last week, project 52 was inspired by my reading: I had dogeared the page of Evangeline Walton's Mabinogion Tetralogy on which this appeared. Of course, I dogear a LOT of pages of my paperbacks. I knew I'd read some good lines in this book and I went back through it, looking for one to inspire me. This was it. I started googling pictures of the milky way, to find some color combinations that inspired me (my Milky Way is more of a freehand scribble) and then pictures of various mountains (I settled on Shasta).

I really liked how this one turned out. In fact, I've really liked how a lot of these have turned out. But this time, for the first time, I took a high-res scan of the card before I mailed it. And so, if you are interested, I have posted this postcard to my society6 page and it is possible to buy prints if you are interested - just click on this link!


No comments: