Friday, January 29, 2016

a little on my lately



Well that was a week. A new client needed me to put in extra hours; twice this week I came home and crashed on the couch. Hm. Maybe three times; I can't quite remember! (So tired!)  I knew it was going to be a bit intense.  I tried to ready everything to make it easier. Sunday saw some serious food prep going on (here are chickpeas soaking for the dish shown below, almonds soaking for our weekly half-gallon of almond milk, red cabbage slaw pickling, and shrimp marinating in lime juice and tequila for these really good tacos).


I did have a nice weekend last weekend, though. Ever walk into a shop to buy a bar of soap and then find yourself asking the proprietor, "Can I buy that print off your wall?" I'd never done it before! (The lino artist is Kate Powel. I can't find anything about her on the web. But I'm thinking of going back for her bee print this weekend.)


But now, blessedly, it's Friday again, and I'm back to my regular work-from-home Friday schedule  -which means getting all the laundry done and running the dishwasher while working; it makes such an impact on my weekend workload! Plus, I get so much more done in the quiet, especially when I've serious thinking-and-writing to do. I've just treated myself to a little pre-workout fuel-up, comprised of this Chickpea of the Sea tunaless tuna salad recipe (one of my husband's favorite vegan meals), with a nice slab of perfectly ripe avocado, on a butter lettuce leaf.

TGIF! Happy weekend!

No comments: