Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Handmade Holiday #6: Cozy Knits

I actually don't know how to knit; this is crochet.

All the cool kids seem to be sporting cowls lately, have you noticed? They're everywhere, in all shapes and sizes, many quite large. Simple enough to put together, really, just a knit (or crocheted) tube, really, with many potential variations. This one has a full twist in it. For gifting purposes, I've pinned the twist flat with a safety-pin-brooch that I'm including, just to keep it under control and make it look more presentable.


A bad case of incandescent lighting here, as the clouds are back today, but you get the picture. Whipped up quick and loose on a 50 mm needle with a single skein of fluffy yarn.

2 comments:

erica-knits said...

I am so enjoying the handmade holiday posts a little late! I had to stop and comment on this one, love that cowl and the pin. Happy new year!

fleur_delicious said...

thanks, erica! Happy new year to you, too! I've been haunting your blog over the break, can't wait to see what you've been up to. =)