Friday, July 13, 2007

whew!


Genesis. 30 x 30. Oilbar and pencil on canvas. 2007.

after skipping a free trip to Knott's Berry Farm (as a chaperone) in order to read and paint yesterday, and getting up and painting all morning, I have accomplished the dubious: finishing this today. I honestly didn't think that I would, and I'm really pleased both that I finished, and with how it turned out. I think I learned a lot during this. I wish I could go back and do some parts over, only ... I don't want to touch it. My fingers are pretty stiff and I need a shower, as I didn't get one this morning, owing to the need to finish. I'm behind on my reading goal for the week, but oh well, can't win 'em all, can you? And seeing as it will be 10-14 days before this is ready to travel and be photographed, I have plenty of time to read while it cures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow..that is gorgeous, is it a gift? It would be so wonderful to posess especially if i was mommy or daddy...and then of course baby will one day be so happy to have it.